Thursday, November 22, 2012

For Casting Out Poison

I thought this might be of use to others, so I'm sharing it here.

The other day I went back to that Otherworldly On Sigils book, expressly looking for one I could use to help protect me from my emotional and psychic vampire mother (she really is just atrocious, trust me; ask me some time about a six week old kitten named Danny. He lived, just, and no thanks to her). But I was a little confused as what exactly to ask for.

That guide of mine then tells me something to dispell illusion and bring clarity would be a good place to start; after all seeing what she's doing when she's doing it has to come before protecting myself from it. So I opened that marvellous Otherworldly book and got this:


The description said, To Cast Out and Neutralize Poison. I was a little taken aback; that's not what I asked for but oh Hel yes that will work. It's a smart book, that On Sigils.

Then further it said: Draw in green ink directly on the skin over the heart; or draw with green ink on paper and wear it against the heart.

It's a little snake behind a drop; you can draw out the snake itself if you like with scales and such. The circle at the end represents the rattle of a rattlesnake and the mouth-end is actually closed, with the fang showing.

I'm pretty sure that somewhere out there I've seen little cylindrical hollow necklaces, for placing tiny rolled-up prayers within; that or I suppose an ordinary locket would work.

I drew it over my heart tonight with green Sharpie (it was what I had, don't judge me); I also traced the shape of it over my water glass and charged it with the ability to expel and neutralize poisons, of the spiritual and emotional kinds.

And not ten minutes after starting that glass of water I felt like I was just starting to come down with something. You know the feeling: a little achy, chest a tiny bit tight, aware of the lymph nodes in my throat.

I don't know if it's anything to do with it, but if it is (getting sick is a way of purging nastiness, I've found) then damn this thing works fast.

No comments: